Listen in as Elizabeth A. Bennion of Indiana University-South Bend chairs the MPSA Career Roundtable on “What to Do and What Not to Do at a Job Talk” with Mary Hallock Morris of University of Southern Indiana and David C. Wilson of University of Delaware. During the discussion, the members of the panel share their observations on how to know if the university is a good fit for you (personally and professionally) and what can make you stand out as a successful candidate.
Topics discussed also include:
- Preparing to present and explain your research.
- Identifying your potential audience and building rapport.
- Tips for handling unanticipated questions and awkward scenarios.
- Advice for successful phone interviews, teaching demonstrations, and meals.
- A variety of questions from the audience at the April 2017 MPSA Conference.
MPSA members can log in to access a variety of recordings from highlighted MPSA conference presentations.