Mackenzie H. Eason of the University of California – Los Angeles chairs this MPSA roundtable session on “Applying to Graduate School” with Coty J. Martin, West Virginia University, Joan Ricart-Huguet, Princeton University, and Jovan Milojevich, University of California-Irvine. Members of the panel discuss questions and issues related to applying to graduate programs, such as when and where to apply, and how to make yourself a more appealing and ultimately successful candidate for admission.
Additional topics discussed include:
- Challenges faced by first-generation and international college students.
- Financial considerations and obtaining funding for graduate study.
- Selecting a graduate program that will be a good fit based on research interests and geographic location.
- Writing a personal statement or statement of purpose.
- Networking, mentoring and building relationships with faculty.
MPSA members can log in to access a variety of recordings from highlighted MPSA conference presentations.