The MPSA conference will be held April 5-8, 2018 at the Palmer House Hilton, Chicago, IL USA. This year’s program committee invites proposals in more than 80 sections in a variety of formats from all areas of political science. As one of the largest conferences in the discipline, the Midwest Political Science Association (MPSA) conference offers a multitude of research collaboration opportunities with more than 5,000 scholars from multiple fields and around the world.
A few tips to make your submission process easier:
- Review the Submission Guidelines. Proposals must be submitted electronically. Full instructions for doing so can be found on our Submission Guidelines page.
- Choose (up to) two sections. In most cases, you may submit your proposal in up to two of over 80 sections for full consideration by the section chairs.
- Know your co-authors. Have information on your co-author(s) on hand when you submit your proposal. (You’ll need to know their highest degree earned, the year the degree was earned, their current affiliation, title, address, phone number, and email address.)
- Keep it brief. Be prepared to encounter character limits (includes blank spaces and punctuation):
Title = Maximum 250 characters
Brief Overview = Maximum 250 characters
Abstracts = Maximum 1250 characters
- Write it out. We recommend that you write your overview and abstract in your favorite software before you log into the system; then copy and paste into the proposal submission forms. If you are interrupted, you will not be able to return mid-submission.
- Request your password. If you have an existing account at www.MPSAnet.org, avoid confusion later by taking a moment now to request the username and/or password for your existing account. If it’s your first time on the site, you can register for a complimentary account by clicking on Sign In Help.
Learn more and submit your proposal at www.MPSAnet.org/conference.